ALEX FUNDRAISES BY ATTEMPTING 100 HOLES OF GOLF

Wednesday 19 June 2019

On Friday 21 June, Alex Enstone will be attempting to complete 100 holes of golf in a single day at Henley in Arden Golf Club to raise funds for The Hospice at Home Service run by The Shakespeare Hospice. The Shakespeare Hospice’s Hospice at Home team cared for Alex’s late father, Ernie in the last week of his life in his home.

The inspiration for this challenge has come from golf being a passionate interest of his father, who was a keen member of Henley-in-Arden Golf Club or ‘The Henley’.

This will be a huge physical challenge for Alex, who is walking between every hole instead of opting for a buggy, and will be beginning his challenge at 4.30am. Alex has estimated the total distance won’t be far off the London Marathon (just over 26 miles), but this could be further depending on how straight his shots are! 

“My dad criticised me for not playing enough, so on Friday 21 June I plan to put that right!

“The challenge is nothing in comparison to that which my dad and thousands of others face in their battles with Cancer.”

The Hospice at Home team were a ‘tremendous support’ to Alex and his family and allowed the family to honour his dad’s final wish to die at home. The service includes personal, nursing care, support and advice at home to local people affected by life limiting illnesses, provided by a team of registered nurses and healthcare assistants, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

“The incredible home support my dad received for the last week of his life cost the Shakespeare Hospice over £2,000 and therefore I hope to raise this for them so that they may continue their good works for other patients and their families.....if you can support me in this goal I would be most grateful.”

Karen Davies, Head of Income Generation at The Shakespeare Hospice explains,

“All of our services are free at the point of delivery but they are not free to provide. This year, our services will cost £2.4 million with an 11% contribution from the NHS. The remaining 89% is generated by 8 shops and the fundraising team which is why we rely heavily upon the generosity of people in our community, such as Alex.

“We wish Alex all the best with his challenge!”

Anyone wishing to support Alex can donate at: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/alexenstonegolfchallenge

Family Support

Our Family Support Services include Children and Family Support Service, Bereavement Support, Counselling, Chaplaincy and Social Work Service.

Discover More
© 2020 The Shakespeare Hospice, Registered Charity Number: 1064091. Registered in England & Wales Number: 3291683.
Registered Office: Church Lane, Shottery, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 9UL