Login
Donate

Make a difference this Christmas

Friday 09 December 2016

On the 16th December we're asking our community to show their support for their local hospice by sporting their best (or worst!) Christmas jumper.

The Shakespeare Hospice Hospice at Home nurses work 365 days a year (including Christmas Day) to make sure a nurse is just a phone call away from someone who needs them.

One of our Hospice at Home nurses said: "From the start of the Christmas season we continue to support our patients and their families who may plan an early Christmas Day as they are aware their loved one might not be here on 25th December. It is important that our community knows that to us, no matter what day or time it is, we are there to ensure the highest standard of care for our patients, even if this means being away from our family during this time."

We are particularly proud of our 24/7, 365 days a year Hospice at Home Service, which gives people the choice to be cared for at home, surrounded by those closest to them, towards the end of their life.

Did you know we receive just 7% of the money we need from government funding? This means that the other 93% comes from our loyal friends and supporters in the community who work tirelessly to ensure we raise the £2 million required to keep our doors open all year round.

This is your hospice and these are your nurses, here for you should you ever need them.

By supporting Jolly Jumper Day, you will be helping us give more people the support they desperately need this Christmas.

Get Involved - simply wear a festive knit, text JOLL16 and the amount you would like to donate to 70070.

Family Support

Our Family Support Services include Children and Family Support Service, Bereavement Support, Counselling, Chaplaincy and Social Work Service.

For the families we support, we can offer volunteers to stay at home with a patient while the carer attends the Hospice or other appointments.

Discover More
© 2017 The Shakespeare Hospice, Registered Charity Number: 1064091. Registered in England & Wales Number: 3291683.
Registered Office: Church Lane, Shottery, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 9UL